Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Trees in the Fog--Original American Landscape Painting

Today's painting is an 8 x 10 acrylic painting on gessoed hardboard. It was inspired by an early morning fog and the ghostly trees that ermerged from the cloak of mist. It was fun to paint and quite a different experience for me. As most of you know, I don't often paintwith acrylics, but I when I travel, acrylics are a good option. Oil paints can take several weeks to dry. It is a nightmare to try to transport wet oil paintings and avoid damage to the painting and everything else. Although I have a couple of wet canvas carriers which are pretty nifty, transporting an acrylic painting is so much easier. The paint dries quickly and can be packed up in just a few minutes. Oil paint is still my preferred medium, but an acrylic deviation once in a while is fine with me.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: