Monday, January 3, 2011

Dog Park Trees

It has been a long time since I've used a red wash as an underpainting for a landscape. Red used to be a common color for my landscapes in the past, but in my quest to experiment with new combinations, red has been neglected recently. I have a large tube of Gamblin Napthol Red that seldom gets much traction because it is such a powerful red. However, I love the way it worked under this little 5x7 inch painting inspired by a photo I took last spring. I just keep dreaming of warm weather. Now that it is dry, it is for sale at the Small Impressions Gallery at Etsy for $35.00 plus shipping. Click here to view it in the gallery or put it in a shopping cart.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The red is very effective! It adds vibrancy and excitement to your painting.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Kathy--glad you like it!