Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Palouse

Recently I've been working on a series of paintings that were inspired by the Palouse Region of Eastern Washington and Idaho.  I lived there for four years and grew to love the rolling grasslands.  At first it felt bare and empty.  After all, I was a girl raised amongst the evergreen trees of Western Washington.  We seldom saw the sky because of towering trees and endless gray clouds.  But, after having lived on the prairies of the Palouse for a while, I found a longing for them.  This painting is 5x7 inches on a canvas panel.  You can view it or make a purchase here.  Along with this painting are others of the same size, with a third  featuring a long dirt road.  In addition, I painted a larger, heavily textured 11x14 inch painting of the prairie that was a lot of fun and can be viewed or purchased here.  The collection is currently available in my Etsy Shop along with many of my other landscape oil paintings

1 comment:

Saralyn said...

beautiful painting! visiting you from the etsy top treasury team :) great blog!

Saralyn

www.studiomaisonblog.us