Thursday, September 5, 2013

Creating Digital Art

Usually my media of choice is paint on canvas, but recently I've started to do a little bit of digital collage.  This image has quite a few layers, can't remember how many anymore, but it is a nice mix of some of my original painted work, some Photoshop brushes and Photoshop effects.  The background layer was developed from one of my original paintings as was the tree image.  I added more layers, filters, created some new brushes, arranged, and rearranged until I found a pleasing composition.  It was nice to be able to create art when I was traveling and paint wasn't an option.  I am offering fine art reproductions, posters, and greeting cards of this image.  Visit here for more information on purchasing and availability.  My paints will probably remain my favorite tool for creating art, but it was nice to take a little vacation and experiment with digital imagery.  

No comments: