Sunday, March 1, 2015

Making Marks

Making marks with paper and paint was my preoccupation this week. I created several painted collages by layering shapes and colors. This image is one of my favorites. It is entitled "Circus" because of the bright colors and busy movement. I used handmade papers, found papers, paint, and a little ink. The work is intuitive. I only have a vague idea of what the results will be when I start. I add, subtract, multiply, and divide and eventually arrive at something that pleases me. Then I declare it is finished. This creation was developed on paper. The original is not for sale, but high quality reproductions are available here in a variety of sizes and surfaces. I hope you will stop by and visit my portfolio to see some of my other mixed media creations. You can even purchase this design on a throw pillow.

No comments: