Friday, June 19, 2009

Rock Island--San Juan Island Oil Painting

We've had 29 days with no rain, but the rain emerged today and ended the stretch of early summer sunshine. At first the return of our usual gray Northwest weather left me feeling a bit uninspired, but I forced myself into the studio. The result is this painting of a rocky island in the San Juan group between Washington State and British Columbia. I don't really know the name of this rocky little protrusion, but I feel this 8x10 inch painting captured the scene well--the overcast, rocky roughness of the land and sea. If you haven't had a chance to cruise through the San Juan Islands, take the opportunity. It is full of sea lions, Orca Whales, and a host of other wildlife that should not be missed. And sometimes we have a stretch of 29 days without rain!
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: