Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kitchen Apples--Contemporary Still Life Painting and a Contraption

Today's painting resulted from a new contraption I created for painting still life. Frustrated by always looking at my stubjects from the same perspective, I found a sturdy tripod at goodwill and positioned a platform on it. I can arrange my subjects on the platform and the tripod enables moving it up and down, thus changing the perspective. This painting is just one of several I painted using my new still life contraption. The painting is 5x7 inches on a canvas panel. Although this painting is a pretty traditional perspective, I'm looking forward to experimenting with other perspectives.



Technorati tags:
, , , ,

4 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Nancy...This is one of my favorites!! I love the cloth underneath the apples!! I JUST got apples for a ptg...only red...NICE WORK!! YEA for the tripod!!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Saundra. The apples are on an old kitchen towel--so glad you like the way it turned out. Best of luck with your red apples!

Gary Bennett said...

Your painting of the two green apples with a wire-like cloth looks great, unique. I can't wait to see your further experimentations with perspective.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Gary--good to hear!