Monday, November 11, 2013

Last Light Twilight Landscape Painting

It has been a long time since I have painted on a black canvas.  I used to do it occasionally and the effects are often exciting, but it has been a long time since I've worked this way.  This acrylic landscape painting was created on a canvas prepared with black gesso. I wanted to increase the contrast between the sunny grass and trees and the dark and distant horizon.  It was fun and I like the effect. The painting is 9x12 inches on a gallery canvas.  Prints are available from my website.  Click here to view this painting on my website and select from fine art reproductions on paper, canvas, metal, or acrylic.  The print can also be framed and matted for a beautiful finishing. 

1 comment:

ena said...

beautiful paintings! color plates and more sensitivity