Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dog Walk--American Oil Painting

This morning I ran across this photo on Flickr. I seldom use photos other than my own, but I couldn't resist asking the owner for permission to paint it. He kindly gave permission and asked only that I provide a link to his photo, so please take a look at the original. This painting is the second in my series of aerial perspective paintings. Here is the first. Both are 8 x 10 oil on gessoed hardboard, and both were just plain fun to paint. I am looking forward to adding to the collection.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful painting! You've really captured my image. I look forward to seeing more of your work. I think you are the first artist I have encountered to appreciate kite aerial photos and replicate a scene to another medium.
Please look up other kite aerial photographs by googling kite aerial photo or 'KAP' for short. You may find more images which you can translate into paint and canvas.
I'm so glad we have enjoyed each other's work.

Chuck Law said...

Hi Nancy
I just had to let you know how much I adore this. Really well done! It's nice to visit your blog, the paintings look great altogether. That beach grass sunset painting reall cathes my eye as well!

...Chuck

ming said...

that is cool, and the perspective is really different, flickr's a great place to gain fresh perspective:)