Monday, August 13, 2007

Looking Down


Today's work is quite out of the ordinary for me, but it was absolutely fun to paint. This weekend I went to an art festival in downtown Tacoma, south of Seattle. While I was there, we sauntered across the Chihuly Glass Bridge toward the Museum of Glass and the William Traver Art Gallery. There is a wonderful little viewpoint above the glass museum that overlooks the courtyard and provides a view of the marina and Mount Rainier. As I snapped pictures of all the sights, I happened to glance down just as this man walked beneath us toward the museum. What captured my attention was his stark shadow on the concrete and the crazy foreshortening that took place as he walked. So, I snapped a quick picture and he became the subject of today's painting. This is an 8 x 10 oil painting on gessoed hardboard.

2 comments:

. said...

Hellow fellow Pierce County artist. Great painting!

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog congratulations
regard from Catalonia Spain
thank you