Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Evening Shadows--Original American Landscape Oil Painting

The Pacific Northwest has just emerged from a vicious storm. The flooding has been devastating. Much of Western Washington is submurged and a massive effort is underway to rescue people from their flooded homes. I feel very fortunate that my home and family survived without damage. While the storm waged its war, I tried to think of sunshine and summer evenings. As the wind whipped through the area and the rain poured down, I painted theis little 5 x 7 landscape painting. I had no idea of the results from the nasty interval. I'm glad I was able to create a little diversion for myself. My heart goes out to all who were not as lucky and I wish them the best in their recovery efforts. If you click on any of the links in this posting, you can see some photos of the horrible effects of this storm.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: