Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tangerine--Original Still Life Oil Painting

Here's my effort from this afternoon. Several weeks ago, I painted a group of pears on a cloth with a goal of brushing the paint on just once with no blending of my colors. It wasn't as successful as I had hoped, but today, I pulled it off! Each color of the tangerine and the background was brushed once--no second swipe, no blending--it worked great! I struggled a little to leave the paint on the stem and leaves alone, but overall, I am pleased with the results of my effort. When it dries, I will probably sell it in my Etsy Gallery where I sell my small paintings. My larger works are for sale in Impressions Gallery at 1000 Markets. This painting is a 5x7 inch oil painting on a gessoed hardboard panel.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

Slavetobeads said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful paintings!

Kim VanDerHoek said...

I agree Nancy, this is a very successful painting! The stem really adds that extra special touch to the composition. Great job!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks--I appreciate your feedback!

TERI REES WANG said...

This is a great little piece. The leaves drying off the vine. The fruit almost over ripe, sitting heavy with juice. Good color.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Teri--nice to hear positive feedback!