Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chambers Bay Walk--Original Oil Painting

This little 5x7 inch oil painting was inspired by a place I often walk near the Chambers Bay Golf Course in University Place, Washington. There is a series of trails that meander above, around, and through the golf course. The Soundview Trail, Grandview Trail, and 64th Street trail are interconnected and are a delight to traverse. This painting develped from a foggy morning tour beginning at the 64th Street Trail. The Pierce County Environmental Services Building hosts a line of trees whose trunks stood out dark and proud in the coolness of the foggy morning on which I visited. When it is dry, I will list this painting for sale in my Etsy Gallery with my other small tree paintings.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

The light and darks together in this really make it work Nancy. Beautiful!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Light and dark is what impressed me when I decided to paint this scene. I'm glad my creation reflects my intentions. Thanks!