Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Carnations

My husband always gives me carnations for special occasions; today was no exception! It is our tradition and I love the fact that he doesn't give me roses. We are a pair of practical minded souls and the price of roses makes me cringe. I'm happy with my carnations and am glad that he and I almost always see the world in the same way. Today's 6x8 inch oil painting is a few blooms from a lovely boquet. This painting is for sale along with some of my other small floral paintings in the Small Impressions Gallery at Etsy. Click here to view and purchase.



Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like carnations better than roses too. Not only is the price too high but carnations last so much longer than roses; especially when they are painted carnations! Beautiful.

K Joann Russell said...

These are beautiful beyond words. I like carnations, too, and red is one of my favorite colors. You painted these with a lot of love. Thanks for sharing them with others.

Dean H. said...

Great job! I love everything about this one, Nancy.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I'm not usually a painter of flowers, but dip my brush into it only once in a while. It is good to hear my efforts turned out well.