Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Roads of Life

One of my favorite things to paint in the landscape are roads.  They imply so many things, literally and metaphorically.  Roads take us places, give us choices, and help us accomplish our goals.  I have recently finished a series of small paintings that focus on roads. This little 6x8 inch oil painting is one of my favorites in the series.  It leads viewers to wonder what is ahead and question where we are going.  I love that!  This series will begin to appear in my Etsy Shop as the paint dries.  Some of the paintings will be available as reproduction prints, so visit the Landscape Gallery of my website to view available prints. Another option is to click on the tabs at the top of the page to view my small original paintings, prints, and abstract works.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really nice painting.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thank you, Peter! Appreciate the kind words.