Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lime Shadows--Contemporary Still Life Oil Painting

Today's little 5x7 inch oil painting was inspired by shadows and a bright little lime. It was a good exercise in values and color mixing. I'm debating whether to add some highlights to the lime when the paint dries. I've a while to think about it since oil paint takes quite a while to dry, especially when the whether cools. Eventually this little painting will join some of my other still life oil paintings at Small Impressions Gallery. It is painted on a hardboard panel that will last a life time. I also sell some of my still life oil paintings on canvas panels that are an affordable alternative to hardboard.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Nancy, I LOVE this little piece! You've captured the feel of a lime excellently, and I really like the color scheme as well as what the shadows are doing. Very interesting composition for such a simple subject!!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Saundra--I liked the abstract nature of it, too.