Friday, August 26, 2011

Limited Palette Abstract

For months I've had a box of 12x12 inch canvases sitting in my studio.  I haven't used but a few of them because I was waiting for just the right subject.  Yesterday morning I finally said, "What the heck--I'm never going to find just the right subject." So, I just pulled one out and decided to go for it.  I prefer landscape paintings with a slight abstraction.  That made my job a little easier not to worry about perfection.  With a limited palette of Burt Sienna, Yellow Ocher, Naples Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, and Ultramarine Blue, I began work.  There's definitely some abstraction, but what I like best about the painting is the feel of the autumn season that the limited palette brought to the canvas. It will be available for purchase in my Etsy Shop, Small Impressions Paintings, sometime this fall. 

Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Rolina said...

Super job - love it!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thank you, Rolina. So glad to hear you like it!