Monday, December 8, 2008

Winter Apples--Original Still Life Fruit Painting

This little 5x7 inch oil painting is another of my recent series of fruit paintings. These little studies are all about color, design, and brush strokes. When I choose vibrant complimentary colors, a positive response from my viewers is common. When I pay attention to basic elements of design, especially focal point, I am blessed with kind words. When I apply confident brush strokes and avoid over blending, the results are pleasing. If I could just get these elements right every time I paint, it would please me considerably. Even though it sounds easy, the difficulty of getting all the elements just right is my constant challenge. This painting will be exibited in my Etsy Gallery after it dries. I hope you enjoy viewing it as much as I enjoyed painting it. More of my small still life oil paintings are available here.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Sanghi said...

Good Red apple with shadows! Good, also you would have left an apple i to two half, it will add realism to ur art.
Keep up ur work!!