Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back Forty-Original Landscape Oil Painting

Riding my bike through rural areas of Washington State provides plenty of inspiration for my painting. This 5x7 inch oil painting was inspired by a recent ride on the Foothills Trail of Washington State. It passes farms, forests, and a glacial river. I love the variety of scenery experienced on this ride. Many people call this path the Silk Road because it is so smooth and such pleasure to travel. As one of the rail-trails, we can thank the railroads of the past for creating this wonderful opportunity for walkers, hikers, and bicyclists. This little painting is for sale at Small Impressions Gallery for $50.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Eric Scott Bloom said...

Love yr work Nancy. If I had another life to live, it might well be yours. I bet WA is absolutely beautiful, as are your impressions. Oils are incredible even when just on the palette, but you give them life and dignity. Found you via one of your Twitter followers. My work is at modartist.com. Your feedback welcome anytime! My best wishes to you for great success and joy with your creativity and lust for Life~Eric Scott Bloom aka MODARTIST~ [on Twitter as TheModartist]

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thank you for the kind words! I do love living in the Pacific Northwest--the landscapes are diverse and the weather is mild--a great place to be a visual artist. I'm heading over to visit your site right now.