Saturday, May 12, 2007

Chambers Bay Golf Course View

5 x 7 oil on hardboard
Last weekend the Soundview Trail opened in western Pierce County, Washington State. It circles the new Chambers Bay Golf Course which opens in six weeks. Magnificent views abound. I'm not a golfer, but I can imagine this will be a delightfully popular destination when the course opens. Winding through groves of alder, paralleling the shores of Puget Sound, venturing past the ghostly remains of an old gravel processing plant, and finally meandering back up the hill where the trail begins was an exciting adventure. I took about 80 pictures; this painting is based on just one. Just before we reached the portion of the trail that parallels the shoreline I paused and took a snapshot. From here one can see the southern tip of Fox island, the northern stretches of Anderson Island, and the Olympic Mountains in the distance. I'm anxious to paint more studies based on my adventure on the Soundview Trail.

No comments: