Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Giant Cedar Tree--Original American Oil Painting

This is an 8 x 10 oil painting of a giant cedar tree in Pt. Defiance Park located in the city of Tacoma about 30 minutes south of Seattle, Washington. There are numerous old growth cedar trees in the park that have been growing for hundreds of years, long before the area was populated and before the park was authorized by Grover Cleveland in 1888. Old growth forest, saltwater beach frontage, a zoo, an aquarium, and beautiful gardens are encompassed in the 702 acre park. I love to go there to look at the gardens and walk along the boardwalk that fronts some of the tidelands. I took a snapshot of this tree the last time I visited the park. Its red bark and extreme heighth caught my attention. I tried to capture some of my resposes in this painting.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , ,

No comments: