Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Apple Closeup--Original American Still Life Oil Painting

The apple trees are blooming and it won't be long until we are harvesting. This little painting was inspired by an apple tree in my backyard. It is graphed to produce five different kinds of apples. When fall comes and the fruit begin to fall, apple pie, apple strudel, baked apples, apple jelly, and anything else apple that I can cook begins to emerge from my kitchen. Friends and neighbors with a bucket and a few spare minutes are always welcome to share in the wealth my tree produces. I've painted apples often in the past, but haven't done so recently, so this one is a wonderful reminder of how enjoyable it is to reproduce their beauty with paint. This painting is 6x6 inches on a gessoed hardboard panel.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: