Monday, September 21, 2009

Am I Blue? Original American Sheep Portrait

The past few weeks I've really enjoyed creating these little animal portraits. It must be some kind of hangover from the state fair. This little fellow is named after Ethel Waters' 1929 song, "Am I Blue?" If you are unfamiliar with the song, listen to it and you will have an idea of the way I imagined this little girl is coping with her blue life. You can download an original version of the song at the Internet Archive . Although the song was recorded by a number of artists including Billie Holliday, Ethel Waters' version is my favorite and fits this little 5x7 inch oil painting well. This painting can be purchased from Small Impressions Gallery for $50.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

nomadcraftsetc said...

This is a great portrait! ANd what a great story behind it! Thanks for sharing!