Thursday, November 12, 2009

Breakfast--Original Cow Painting


An early morning painting of a snacking bovine is my subject today. This oil painting is 5x7 inches on a hardboard panel. The palette I used was Sap Green, Cadmium Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Raw Sienna, Alizarine Crimson, Cadmium Orange, and Titanium White. Still working on stocking Small Impressions Gallery with small animal paintings. This painting has joined the others and can be purchased for $50.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

LindaHunt said...

I love your paintings and your style! I have chosen to give you the Creative Blogger Award. Please visit my site to claim.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Linda--I'm flattered!

Artist Supplies said...

Indeed, your work is nice. I appreciate your mentioning palette. Would you mind my asking what paint brush you use?

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thank you so much. I mostly use a size 2 & 4 bristle flat on these little paintings. I have yet to find the perfect brush, but most of mine are Loew-Cornell Artec Bristle Supreme that I purchase locally. Still in search of the ideal brush. I'm always picking up a new brand to test, but haven't fallen in love with any specific brand yet.