Tuesday, September 21, 2010

House in the Trees

Several months ago when my old computer died, I thought most of my reference photos had died with it. Thankfully I was wrong. The fact that I had backed them up on a portable hard drive had been forgotten until I opened a drawer in the guest bedroom and saw that hard drive I had forgotten sitting there in the drawer. I plugged the hard drive into my new computer and there they were, my photos. It was from my old photos that this little painting emerged. I was attracted by the coolness of the little white house sitting under a canopy of trees and was excited to find my old references. The painting is 5x7 inches on a gessoed hardboard panel and has SOLD.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fortunate that you were able to recover your reference photos! That was a scare. I love the liveliness of your trees ... nice brushwork!

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Great variety of colour and texture in the tops of the trees. A real treat to see! Glad you found your old photos...I really need to do the same...back things up :-/

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Yes, I was quite lucky that everything was backed up. Now I need to start backing up the new computer, too. Needless to say, I'm not very good at the maintenance stuff. I'm glad you like my painting. I'll be digging around in that old hard drive for some more references. Lots of treasures may be hiding there.