Monday, October 18, 2010

End of the Season

Tomato season is officially over in my garden. The plants have been removed and the garden tilled. Those Sweet 100 cherries and the Early Girl delights have been banished and the last of the produce is now sitting in my kitchen. Until next summer I will have to be content with tomatoes imported from elsewhere in the world. It was with sadness that I painted this last tribute to the bounty of my garden. The painting is 5x7 inches.

Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

kiley said...

i grew up with tomatoes in my backyard too...it always made me sad when the last ones were picked. the imported ones are never the same!
lovely painting...a nice memory to keep nearby!
xo...
ki

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

I agree--end of the tomato season brings on a sadness. But the first tomatoes of spring have just the opposite effect--excited for the coming goodness!