Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Road Trip Inspiration

After spending almost three weeks on the road, I have finally made it home and am back in my studio painting. It was a wonderful trip, but I missed creating art with a brush and paint. This painting was inspired by the beauty of open spaces found across the North American continent. Changing light, huge open spaces, and agriculture that feeds the world were a part of the drive and a big part of my most recent inspiration. The original painting was created on an 18x24 inch stretched canvas with professional grade acrylic paints. Right now it is only available as a reproduction. I want to hold on to the original for a while. I may eventually offer it for sale, but for now it will hang on my wall at home and remind me of my most recent adventures.

No comments: