Sunday, September 20, 2009

Curious--Original American Pig Portrait

This morning the sun was shining again and the rains of yesterday gone. With the thought that these beautiful days will be disappearing and replaced soon with the damp days of winter, I got out and enjoyed myself. In the morning the Western Washington Fair was my destination. Visiting the art show, the livestock barns, and snapping reference photos was the order of the day. I'm sure it is the threat of Swine Flu that caused a huge number of hand washing stations to be erected in the livestock area. It's difficult to imagine that these cute little babies can be so dangerous. This one is 4x6 inches on a canvas panel. When he is dry, he will join some of my other animal paintings at the Small Impressions Gallery.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Nancy, This is such a fun painting! Your name fits this little cutie perfectly! I love the strokes!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Saundra--I'm really having fun painting these little animals--glad you like him!

pixelated said...

Aww, I love the way you captured that look on the little piggy's face!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Pixelated! He was fun to create.

Unknown said...

Nancy, I love this little pig! And your sheep are wonderful. You pug so muc personality in their faces...!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Nancy--glad you enjoyed looking!