Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Montana--Original American Landscape Painting

I'm finally letting go of this little painting. It was created after a family vacation to Yellowstone National Park in Montana. I fell in love with the grandeur and beauty of the park and painted this little 5x7 inch oil painting upon my return. A red underpainting contrasting with the green of the prairie and trees created a warmth that reminded me of summer. The trouble is, I don't have high ceilings or large blank walls in my house or studio. The walls fill up and then I'm out of space. The solution I've developed is to keep some of my favorite paintings on the wall for a while, enjoy them, love them, and then, eventually, move them on to new homes. It is time for this painting to leave the nest. It is now listed for sale in the Small Impressions Gallery for $50.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: