Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grazing--Original American Cow Portrait

This little 6x8 inch painting on a canvas panel has been one of my favorite cow paintings. She is so peaceful as she grazes on a hillside meadow. But I make it a policy not to hold on to my paintings for long. Passing them on to a new owner keeps me motivated and keeps me painting. Thus, I added her to the Small Impressions Gallery with some of my other animal paintings and she sold almost immediately.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Chris R said...

I love how the light is hitting the cow. It has a very ethereal feeling to it.

Nice job.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Nancy, This is my favorite cow painting! I love the composition and the color scheme you chose is perfect! So nice!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thank you! I'm glad it turned out well and appreciate your taking the time to comment.

Atul Pande said...

Nancy: The contrast and the grayish background makes the painting work really well. Great piece!