Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November--Original American Landscape Oil Painting

This past weekend I took a wonderful bicycle ride through the Orting Valley in Pierce County, Washington State. Soon after I began the 15 mile trail from Puyallup to South Prairie, I encountered this lovely stand of trees. Even though it had been raining for days and the month of November had walked itself halfway to December, the beautiful orange leaves still hung on. I stopped and took several reference photos, knowing I would want to recreate the color sensation. Finally I had a chance to do a quick study. This little painting is 5x7 inches on a canvas panel. It has been placed in Small Impressions Gallery along with my other small paintings and can be purchsed for $35.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

nomadcraftsetc said...

I love this one too! I LOVE your work!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! The trees are aflame.-

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Kathy. The trees were brilliant. I think it is the gray skies of November that made them especially bright. Glad you like it!