Sunday, November 15, 2009

Purple Chat--Original Still Life Oil Painting--Onions

It is a good thing I got outside yesterday, the rain has returned. The bright spot is that I spend more time in my studio creating new works. Looking for colorful produce to paint is a bit more of a challenge in the winter than in the summer, but luckily, these three purple onions hitched a ride home from the grocery store and decided to chit-chat while I painted them. It was fun working with a limited palette of Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, and Titanium White. The painting is 8x10 inches and will be listed for sale at Small Impressions Gallery along with some of my other small still life oil paintings as soon as it dries.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

LindaHunt said...

This is a stunning painting. I like the dark background set against the white foreground. Your onions are luminous and a such beautiful red.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Linda--so glad you like them!

Gwen Bell said...

Love that vivid red against the dark background. The large view really shows your beautiful brush work. Nice job!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Gwen--This one was fun to create; I'm thinking about creating a large version of this one--maybe 24 x 30. So glad you like it!