Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wedges--Small Still Life Oil Painting

The paint is finally dry on this little 5x7 inch still life oil painting. The cool, damp air of winter slows down the drying time. It took almost a month for the heavy brush strokes to harden. I set my wet paintings on old 45 record stands to dry. It works well, but in the winter time, they fill up and I run out of space. My husband cringes at the idea of turning up the heat any more, so I'm destined to share my space with lots of wet paintings. Things could be worse--wet dogs--wet towels--wet shoes! Oh the perils of living in the Northwest where the rain seems to never stop. When I think of it this way, I'm happy--wet paintings are a luxury I should not take for granted. This little painting is for sale at Small Impressions Gallery for $50.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses. Northwest rain not included.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: