Monday, October 29, 2007

Fall on the Delta--Original American Oil Painting


As I promised, here is another of my Nisqually Delta paintings. Somewhere in the vicinity of this delta was the original location of Fort Nisqually. The fort has since been rebuilt at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma, Washington, and as far as I can tell, there are no distinuguishing remnants of the original fort at this location. Today, a path traverses the prairie from the Nature Center to location of the signing of the Medicine Creek Treaty. Crossing the prairie toward this hostorical location, I noticed that many of the small scrub trees and the prairie grasses have turned from green to rust and gold. On the day I visited, there was a beautiful contrast between those colors and the blue of the fall sky. It was a delightful hike.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do very beautiful work. I like how your eyes sees things. I just got a French easel from Daniel Smith so I
can do some plein air painting. Thanks for extra inspiration!