Monday, June 30, 2008

Minding the Store, Painting, and Summertime

With summer in full swing and the 4th of July coming up, it is really hard to concentrate on business. I'm sure like everyone else, I'd rather play than work, so I've set a goal for myself to list a new painting in my Etsy Shop every Monday or Tuesday throughout the months of July and August. It seems a regular schedule is going to be necessary to keep me focused on commerce. Though I continue to paint without trouble, focusing on the business end of life is a bit more of a challenge. With my new goal in mind, here is the painting I've listed today.


This 8x 10 inch landscape oil painting was inspired by a stroll down Five-Mile Drive in Point Defiance Park last fall. Five-Mile Drive winds its way through a lovely forest of old growth fir, cedar, and maples that turn wonderful shades of yellow and orange as autumn begins. The painting can be purchased for $125.00 plus $12.00 shipping to US addresses by clicking here. If you would like to see the location that inspired this painting, you can go to Paintmap.com, search for Tacoma, Washington, and zoom out twice with the little negative sign at the top left of the map.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: