Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Recycled Trees--Original Landscape Oil Painting


As happens from time to time, if I don't like a painting, I scrape it off. The surface is usually left with odd textures and an unexpected neutral tone. I never think of these scape offs as disasters because eventually I come back to the altered surface and paint something else. Surprisingly, these recycled boards usually give me a freedom that doesn't manifest with an untouched surface. It is like magic that art emerges from the scaped-off surface and something new looks back at me. That is the story of this little grove of autumn trees. Quick and fun to paint, I felt a wonderful sense of satisfaction. The painting is a 5x7 inch oil painting on a recycled hardboard panel. It recently SOLD, but there I have many other small landscape paintings available at Small Impressions Gallery.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: