Saturday, October 17, 2009

Purple Onions--Original American Still Life Oil Painting

Stormy weather kept me inside today, but it was a great day for painting still life. This little 4x6 inch oil painting of a bowl of purple onions was the result of today's efforts. It is painted on a canvas panel which provided a good texture. It has joined some of my other small still life paintings in Small Impressions Gallery at Etsy. It can be purchased for $24.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses by clicking on this link.

3 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Love the color you got in the onion skins, and the papery texture. Very nice!

Julie said...

Hi, Nancy

I posted your beautifl "Winter Beach Grass" painting on my Poetry Fest blog and gave a link to your blog.

Julie F from Bismarck

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Clair, Julie--I'm glad you like my painting!