Monday, April 12, 2010

Getting the Garden Ready

Even though there has been considerable rain lately here in the Pacific Northwest, April showers should be expected. It is almost time to start planting my garden and I need to remember it is the rain that will make the garden grow. I always grow tomatoes and zuchini and need to start turning over the soil. It won't be long until the fresh warm soil will be accepting my offering of seeds and small seedlings. Today's painting celebrates the produce that will arrive after the tending of the garden. It is 4x6 inches on a canvas panel and displays a canning jar full of preserved tomatoes and some fresh ones, too.

Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Sandra Galda said...

nice job here, love the way you did the jar!!!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Sandra--I'm glad to hear it turned out well!