Friday, January 2, 2015

Spotted Fever

Back home with my paper, paint, and ink, inspiration arose from a sheet of paper I found on a clearance rack at the local craft shop.  The bold polka dots spoke to me and encouraged a series of abstract collages with the spots as a focus.  Torn paper, acrylic paints, pigment ink, and jazz radio in the background helped the design come to life.  I have completed a second in this series and a third is still on my work table.  When the lovely spotted paper is all gone, I will have to look elsewhere for inspiration or go on a hunt for more spots.  You can view the first two in the series in the abstract gallery of my website.  The third will appear as soon as it feels finished.  Fine art prints and posters are available for purchase.  Click on this link or choose the prints or abstract tabs at the top of the page.  To see the entire collection of my abstract work, visit here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful painting! And those photos are too terribly cute.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Peter!