Thursday, August 27, 2015

Beach Time

Just got back from a week at the beach where I spent a lot of time studying the sky and the clouds and the local way of life. The result is a series of paintings featuring clouds, sky, and sea. It was a wonderful experience and I was able to participate in what the locals call, "Beach Time." From what I've discerned "Beach Time" is a relaxed attitude that isn't overly concerned about time. Things get done when they get done. Usually there is no rush. Hurry is a foreign thought. Thus, lots of time observing the environment. This painting was created in oils on an 11x14 inch stretched canvas. When the paint is dry, the original will be available in my Etsy Shop, where I sell my small format originals. If you are in a hurry, reproductions on paper or canvas are available from my print shop, here.

No comments: