Sunday, August 23, 2015

Kitchen Market Adventures


Everytime I go to the grocery store, my eyes are enamoured with the produce section. Stacks of fresh fruits and vegetables are colorful and full of unique shapes. Sometimes I buy fresh items just because they are beautiful, even when I have no idea how to prepare them. After I get them home, the first thing I do is create a still life painting, sometimes an entire series of paintings. When the fresh items have done their duty, they head to the kitchen. This time I brought home Anaheim peppers. I didn't know if they were hot or mild, all I knew was I loved their color, that mellow green, and their long, robust shape. After I painted them, I did some research and they ended up as Chile Rellenos. So good. The original 6x6 inch oil painting is available for purchase here. Larger reproductions are also available at this address.

No comments: