Saturday, February 7, 2009

Winter Walk--Original Landscape Oil Painting

Difficulty struck today. This morning I went out with my family to a nearby dog park. When I returned I discovered that I had lost one of the lenses from my glasses. I use them for reading or when I paint. It was awkward. I used a pair of cheap drugstore glasses, but it felt uncomfortable and off. I'm not sure how I feel about this little 5x7 created in my impaired state.

The painting was inspired by a rare sunny day after weeks of rain and gloom. I walked the Soundview Trail near my home. It is a delightful trail that winds its way around the Chambers Bay Golf Course, down to Puget Sound, and back up the hill again. The trees were bare, but the sun warmed the road and the winter grass making me anxious for spring.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Kim VanDerHoek said...

I can't believe that you painted this using an inferior pair of glasses. It turned out really well! Nice depth and rich color that pulls me in. Beautiful!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks--I'm going to paint impaired again today--not really a choice. Trying to be positive--effortess squinting maybe?

JudyMackeyart said...

I love this! The colors are wonderful. I always wonder if we really "see" or how we "see". Losing glasses changes our view doesn't it? I wear bi-focal contacts so I know how it feels to not see or to see differently.