Sunday, February 7, 2010

Along the Road Abstract

Abstract landscape paintings have been sneaking off my brush lately. I'm not really sure what has prompted it. Perhaps it I'm just returning to an old friend. My paintings used to be almost all landscape paintings, then I moved into still life and some animals. Maybe it is my short attention span that just moves along in a random manner. Nonetheless, today's painting is an 8x10 inch oil painting on a gessoed hardboard panel. It was fun, quick, and colorful. I'm looking forward to it joining some of my other landscape paintings at Small Impressions Gallery in the near future.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

I like the spontaneity of this Nancy! It's nice to know another short attention span artist! I think it keeps us fresh!! :)

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Saundra--Yes, indeed, another short attention span artist--glad to hear I'm not alone!