Monday, February 1, 2010

Lime Group--Playing with Shapes and Color

Yesterday I posted my little "Lime Gathering" painting and today I continue with the abstraction these little bits of fruit can create. A very light wash of alizarin crimson began this painting. Then I played around with shapes, arranging and rearranging the the pieces and playing with shadows. When it pleased me, I added some color over my initial wash. Working on this little series is turning out to be a lot of fun, and I've taken a liking to violet and green! I have added this painting to my Etsy Shop, Painting Small Impressions, where they will join some of my other small still life paintings. It can be purchased for $35.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses. Click here to put it in your shopping cart and have it sent to your home.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: