Sunday, February 14, 2010

Brush Love

Today's painting was created with a couple of new paint brushes I recently purchased. The brushes are a No. 4 Blick Materstroke Bristle Flat and a No. 4 Silver Grand Prix Bristle Flat . I'm on a never-ending quest for the perfect brush. I suspect these two brushes are manufactured by the same company and sold under different labels. They appear to be identical except for the color of the handles. Both have wonderfully springy bristles of exactly the same length and width that hold their shape well. Both have the same copper colored ferrules of exactly the same shape and size. If it wasn't for the different colored handles, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. And I love them both! The delimma will be when I purchase more, which one will I pick? The painting is 5x7 inches on a hardboard panel and was a pleasure to paint with my wonderful new brushes! Soon it will be for sale at Small Impressions Gallery along with some of my other small landscape oil paintings.

2 comments:

Claire Kayser said...

Beautiful work, Nancy!

I've extended the sunshine blog award to you! Please come to my blog and receive!

Cheers,
Claire

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Clair--I'm flattered!