Thursday, May 20, 2010

Barn in Spring

A few weeks ago, late in the afternoon, I noticed this barn and the new foliage of spring on the trees that surrounded it. It sat in the shade of a hill covered with evergreen trees which contrasted with the light colored roof of the barn and the new foliage of the trees. I've passed the barn many times and have contemplated painting it. The light this time caught my eye and the results are this 8x10 inch oil painting. If you visit my online gallery, Small Impressions Paintings, you can see some of my other paintings of barns. This painting will join the others when the paint is dry.

Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Beautiful! I love the feeling of the light.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Tanya. I'm glad you like it!