Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dockside

Working on paintings of seascape or boats always challenges me. I think it is because salt water surrounds me and I'm very familiar with the sights and sounds of the coast. I'm never satisfied with the results of my attempts at painting these local scenes. But, this one made me feel quite satisfied. It is small 5x5 inches. I concentrated on shapes and tried to avoid thinking about painting the sea and boats. Amazingly, I am satisfied with the final product. It is a bit abstract, but I'm wasn't tempted to wipe it out and start over. A delightful success in my eyes! It has joined some of my other paintings at the Small Impressions Gallery at Etsy. To view it in the Gallery and purchase it for $25.00 plus shipping, click here.

Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: