Saturday, August 15, 2009

Golden Morning--American Plein Air Painting

Yesterday morning I had the opportunity to get outside and paint after several days of heavy clouds, thunder storms, and rain. My summer attitude was hiding, so it was good to recover a bit in the fresh morning air. Visiting Fort Steilacoom Park was exactly what I needed. I chose to venture into the natural woodlands for my painting exposition. Light on a tangled tree caught my attention and I set up to paint. The air was fresh from the recent rains. It felt good to paint. When the paint dries on this little 5x7 canvas panel, it will be offered for sale at the Small Impressions Gallery along with some of my affordable canvas panels.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Kim VanDerHoek said...

The light you captured in this is beautiful!

It's been great to see you working larger! That's something I wish I could do more of myself. I'd love to see the studies you use for the larger paintings, if you feel like posting them, that is.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Kim. Most of my studies appear on either my blog or in my Etsy store at some point or another. I have found that not every painting that looks good small translates well into a larger size. The study for my painting, "The Long Road" posted on August 14 is for sale in my Etsy shop and some of the others probably will end up there as well. If it weren't for the cost of materials, I'd paint large more often than I do.

Ruth Vilmi said...

I love your landscapes, the ones with the fields and space, particularly.
I'd be happy if you took a look at my books of paintings in my blog at www.writeit.to/ruth
Keep up the good work - I'll be back:-)
Ruth