Thursday, August 27, 2009

Producing Reproductions--Apple Fiesta Contemporary Still Life Oil Painting

A request for a reproduction of this original painting prompted some research on making prints of my original paintings. What I discovered is that, not only is there a very large learning curve for doing this, I don't have any of the equipment I need to do it myself. The camera I own does not produce images large enough for quality reproductions and I have a clunker of a printer. For now, the idea of reproductions is on hold. I decided the first order of business is to buy a new camera. So, research continues with a digital SLR is on the horizon instead of my little point and shoot.
Technorati tags:
, , ,

4 comments:

Kris said...

I've been extremely happy with my Nikon D80, although I think it's been replaced in the line by the D90. Nonetheless, it takes spectacular photos. I use the Nikkor 18-200mm lens with it, and I'd like to pick up a wide-angle one this year sometime.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

I've heard the Nikon D90 is a great camera. It's either a Nikon or a Canon. Saving up my pennies.

Claudia Finn said...

I love the pattern, color and design of Apple Fiesta!!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Claudia! The plate on which these apples sit is one of my favorites--so bright an festive.