Thursday, December 3, 2009

Snack Break and the new Camera Blues

I've been messing around with my new camera. I wanted something with more than my previous 4 pixels and considered a new digital SLR, but the price lead me down the path of an advanced point and shoot with a built-in zoom and the ability to make manual adjustments. I've photographed this little cow painting over and over again trying to reach the magic moment when I was completely satisfied. I'm still not there and can't decide whether it is the camera or my monsterous lack of skill. It might even be a little of both. I know professional photographers can create reproductions that are difficult to differentiate from original paintings, but to me, my little oil paintings still looks better in person. My husband says I'm a perfectionist and I'll never be satisfied. I will keep trying. This little painting, one of my efforts at getting the perfect photo, was listed at the Small Impressions Gallery, but has recently sold. It looks a lot better in person. It is 4x6 inches on a canvas panel.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Robin Pedrero said...

reminds me of all the suffering we explored in creating the perfect slides in the "dark ages" ::smiles:: I think you've got it!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Apparently the photo passed muster since the painting sold quickly. I do remember those "dark ages" and digital is sooooo much better. Thanks for reminding me to count my blessings.